Thursday, September 1, 2011

End of Summer Reading, Part 1


Chicago Public Libraries reduced the hours of operation for most branches a while back, and that's a big inconvenience for me, a heavy library user. Sometimes, the only day I can get in there to pick up a hold (or pay a fine) is on a Saturday. And if I'm busy on Saturday...then my whole reading life gets out of whack. I can't let that happen!

Case in point, I had a book on hold--Hot: Living Through the Next Fifty Years on Earth--and by the time I could get to the library, the book was returned to the branch that sent it. Bother. The clerk suggested I put it on hold again.

And I was just about to, but I realized I wasn't too excited about reading that one. Instead, I put some books on hold that my old buddies were reading and enjoying and talking about during our reunion weekend.

I'll save Hot for a rainy day....

No comments: