Monday, August 15, 2011

Hello, Again

Recently my 12-year-old niece asked me, "Aunt Kathy, why don't you ever post anything on your blog anymore?"

(Ha! I just didn't see that coming. I had no idea she even knew I had a blog.)

Well, I've almost forgotten how to do it, but let me try a little warm-up exercise to see what happens...Quick! 5 things I love about Chicago in the summertime:

1. The beach. Last Friday afternoon I was thinking about my brother-in-law moving to California. I was sitting on the beach (Foster Ave.) looking out at Lake Michigan...and hoping he was able to spend one last peaceful afternoon on Chicago's lakefront. The Pacific Ocean is awesome and all, but I bet he will miss his beautiful view of the Lake.

2. Mexican ice cream carts. And those coconut ice cream bars. Delivered to me at the beach, at our block party, on my front porch!

3. Out-of-town visitors. This weekend 5 of my college roommates are coming in to hang out. (One from Minnesota, one from New York, one from Pennsylvania, one from Michigan, and one from England.) Woot! Woot! They'll be arriving just in time for the....

4. Chicago Air & Water Show. Still exciting after all these years.

5. Eating breakfast/reading the paper outside on the back porch.

Now that wasn't so bad. But I must go eat my sorbet now. Ciao!

No comments: