Sunday, September 27, 2009

I Resist

I've been thinking about getting a laptop for myself. It's hard to share a computer with two eighth graders and a husband who needs it to make and promote his books.

But I feel like I'd be spending a lot of money so that I could blog more frequently. To tell you the truth, I'd rather buy a plane ticket somewhere.

As for my personal writing, there just isn't much time in my day to do that anyway. Even if I had a laptop.

And then, sometimes I walk by a cafe and see a person sitting inside at a table - alone with their laptop, maybe plugged into earphones, too, - laughing and smiling, and apparently having a great time. It creeps me out.

Computers are insidious.

1 comment:

Kim Moldofsky said...

I feel like you've just insulted my best friend. Which reminds me, it would be good to go out with a real friend for lunch, maybe next week? Drop me a note!