Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How Preschool Teachers Think

The other night, after many days of phone tag, I had a long conversation with my daughters' former pre-K teacher. Our daughters are entering eighth grade this year, so I've know this woman for a long time. Over the years we've visited her often, but since I've gone back to work full time, it's been awhile.

I was worried about state cuts in preschool funding and her amazing program. She wasn't.

She said, "Tell me about the girls. What do they look like now? Where will they be going to high school?" She asked us to please come and visit the classroom. She gave me her email address and asked for the girls to send her a note.

She asked me if I was pregnant. What?

"What?!" I said. "No."

"Oh, I thought you might be calling to tell me you had another little one coming up that I could teach."

My family and I had a good laugh over that one.

No comments: